Black women in wellness to follow on Instagram and what wellness means to me.
Wellness for means to to be WHOLE. Which means everything (mental, physical, financial, environmental, and spiritual) is working together for me to live a full life.
What Does Wellness Mean To Me
- My body is healthy, moving, and being properly nourished
- My mental health (includes emotional, psychological, and social well-being) is being checked on and nurtured.
- My sprit gives me a sense of purpose
- My environment is a reflection of everything I love, good energy, stimulating, and toxic free
- My finances are flourishing and used to be provide and help myself, family, and community
- I’m practicing simple wellness. I’m taking my time with each day, self correcting, asking for help, creating spaces, learning, and eliminating when necessary. Giving my best and showing up for me. .
- Wellness is a action and form of self love that I take on each day.
The health and wellness industry is growing and it’s a trillion dollar a year business. It is important to me to be able to see people who look like me in this space. The contributions that women and women of color have made to this industry is outstanding. The diversity being shown in this space is lacking but I know that there are women of color who are sharing and glowing in wellness.
I wanted to highlight a few women of color (black women) I follow on Instagram to hopefully encourage you to check them out.